Monday, February 21, 2011

Kids these days...



I was cleaning up in the children's area at church the other day, and found the following note inscribed on the dry-erase wall: 

Dear Zoe, How are you doing im in first grade and i just farted My teacher never goes to the bathroom and she acts so cool But shes not My whole class is my friend's some are and some ar'nt and i just farted again the boys think im stupid i think they are but i just tease them so school is fun to me but picture day is better the best part is lunch your friend Carly


It's always fun to be reminded that there is a time of life when we don't necessarily care about correct "social protocol" or how we are perceived by others. Sometimes it's just good to know that farting is just as much a part of life as school or teasing the boys in class.

I'm pumped to be a dad. It's exciting to now be an essential part of someone's development. But probably more than that, I'm looking forward to all the goofy and unexpected comments or actions that will take place in the Locke household over the next couple of decades or so. Life is cool.


No comments: